Wednesday 14 May 2008

Initial Idea and One of Final three


This was actually the last image that I produced it was also the last set of images taken, I felt that I needed a new set of images so I had more a variety of final images. When producing this image on photoshop, I only had one major problem, this was the outline of the hair as you can see here. I struggled to make it appear normal to the viewer and not suggest that photoshop had been used. I used the paintbrush tool as you can see here to try and create a shadow on the arm behind, I felt this would produce a more realistic piece however in my opinon it looked even more noticeable when using too much of this shadow affect, as it draws your eyes into this section, so in the end I limited this effect. I felt that this was quite a successful image as people seemed to find the fact I have placed the arm of the back character and placed it infront of the front character, to create this atmosphere of there actually being more than one of myself quite clever. As you can see below I simply went round the arm and the picture again useing one of the lasso tools and placed it in the correct position on the layers grid and this is how I managed to capture this effect.



Using the blur tool I was able to make the parts of me that were to sharp for the image blured so it appeared much more realistic. This was a useful tool, that will come in handy when doing my final pieces, as it will make my images seem more real.


As you can see by this image I have used the cloning tool to change the back layer to make it blend in with the image of myself.


These are the first set of images that I had taken for this Final Idea, I practised with these set of images first, to get me use to the whole Photoshop software. I set up in an area of my house, and simply by using the timer, and keeping the zoom in the same position at all times, I was then able to take three images of myself to begin using Photoshop.

No comments: