Tuesday 20 May 2008

Evaluation

‘Seeing is believing’ was the title for this new brief on Post production. When handed this brief I was worried about the skills that I did not have in the software Photoshop. Unfortunately I had never needed to use this software before so this was a huge challenge for me to create an entire brief on something I was not at all familiarised with.
When first developing ideas for this brief my initial idea was to produce some form of campaign poster, mainly on anti smoking, abuse, drink driving, obesity etc. I collected a number of advertisements that related to these topics, mainly using ones that used post production in a huge way. However it was decided when going to my first tutorial that the work I was researching was beyond my ability and that these images were too extreme for me to produce anything that compared to them. So when it came to the task that was handed to the group half way through the brief I was able to produce an image that would allow me to enhance further to produce a final set of images. This picture produced in the task included an image in a woodland area and simply using Photoshop I included a number of images of myself within it, all of which being the same image but changed in size. My main challenge was to make the images I produced for my final to appear realistic, as the images used in this first task was unmotivated, simple, flat and unreal; it was not at all appealing to a viewer. So with this idea in mind I began producing ideas of where these pictures can be taken, and who of. In the end my thoughts were to just use me as the model as I felt it could be more meaningful to have me in places that I found comfortable. Overall I decided that all the pictures would be taken in my home, so I could create my own kind of household with my own characters all of which being me but possibly with different personalities being put across to the viewer. I wanted the characters to interact with each other and not just simply appear that there alone as this may make audience uninterested and not believe that this could be real.
My main thought throughout this brief was to just create three images that looked realistic and believable, I think one of my main faults was not researching enough into what exactly it was I was wanting to produce, I simply just wanted to get something done that was interesting to the viewers and something I was proud of.
Overall I am completely pleased with my final images, being a beginner with Photoshop and not really getting much help throughout the brief with this problem I think I managed to produce some images that relate well to the brief ‘seeing is believing’. If I could repeat the brief I would have liked to of begun my development for this brief a lot earlier and not trying to put it off for as long as I could, as this limited me on time throughout the brief.

No comments: